The Greatest Gift

The Greatest Gift

Rachael Johns


The Greatest Gift by Rachael Johns

Reviewed by Helen

WOW this book has left me speechless it is an amazing story of love, of hope, of giving, MS Johns has written about something that is dear to my heart a story of egg donation so as couples can live a life with children in them to feel that in-built nurturing that happens between a mother and her child while she carries them and allow the father to be such a huge part of the process. This book should be read with a box of tissues very handy because all of the characters in this story will become friends and feel like family, well they did for me.

Harper Drummond is a very popular radio host, journalist interviewing a variety of people about a variety of subjects she is happily married to lawyer Samuel and they both live their lives for work, Harper didn’t have the best childhood or mother so having children is not what she wants in life, but after interviewing a couple that are now happily pregnant with a donor egg Harper decides that she wants to help someone as well she feels that there is something missing in her life and is sure this will make a difference, so starts the process of finding people to help.

Jasper and Claire have been happily married for 5 years now yes they knew that Claire was unable to have children because of childhood cancer they work together in hot air ballooning and are having the best time but Claire badly wants a child and knows that Jasper will make the best father. So after discussions an add helps them find Harper and the process begins.

I don’t want to say too much as I don’t want to give anything away just to let you know that I am still crying writing this review, I don’t think a book has left me this emotional for a long time, it is a moving, touching and Poignant story that is beautifully written, the characters Jasper, Clair, Harper and their families I am sure will come to mean a lot to you as you read this one and can I say that I highly recommend this story. I hope that you will read this one as I did, I savoured every word, and thank you MS Johns you rock I loved it.

5/5 stars for an amazing story

Expected publication: October 23rd 2017 by Harlequin Enterprises (Australia) Pty Ltd