The Football Whisperer

The Football Whisperer

Mel A Rowe

The Football Whisperer by Mel A.  Rowe

Reviewed by Helen

This was a book I picked up and fell into from page one, I found it easy to read and I really liked the characters when I met them and even though I am a rugby league fan I do enjoy a good Aussie Rules game as well, and we meet Saints player Brendan Ward known as Ward when he gets badly injured in a game, a devastating injury that could pull him out of the game permanently that is until his sister and mother insist that he see a horse whisperer and he is not impressed but has no choice but to go along with it, in walks Zara Phelps and she is nothing like he expected.

Wade is a professional footballer and has been since school days, he has no other interests and openly admits to being rather spoilt in having so much done for him, but this injury really knocks him about, physically and mentally, but meeting Zara will be the making of him, she shows so much caring and strength even though he is sure that she keeps her secrets, but getting to know her is the best journey of his life.

Zara is a Reiki Master and these days she works on horses only they don’t argue back and they are easy to get along with, she keeps a secret from most people, but is very popular among the racing body being flown around to treat the million dollar race horses, she lives on a farm with her father and a group of kids and animals strays if you want that they help along the way to grow and get on with life in such a beautiful and caring way. Zara never works with humans these days but makes and exception for Wade because her father is a huge fan, and this will be the making of her as well.

I love Zara what a beautiful loving person she is with her misfit family of kids and animals she had me cheering her on and smiling and Wade yes I thought had a bit of growing up to do but he did with Zara and he did it well as they journeyed to a HEA in such a moving way, they were just so good for each other. I loved Max and the animals on the farm, Wade and Zara’s family added so much to the fabulous, witty and feel good story, one that I highly recommend. Thank you MS Rowe for a story that left me feeling very good about people and how they help each other out in life, this is one for the keeper shelf.

5/5 stars for a fabulous story


Published October 23rd 2018