The Round Yard

The Round Yard

Woodlea #4

Alissa Callen

The Round Yard by Alissa Callen

Reviewed by Helen

I love coming home to Woodlea and the people who live there, I feel so comfortable here and sharing the problems and love lives of the friends I have gotten to know, MS Callen brings to life rural towns and their ups and downs and this story is a beauty, one not to be missed as we get to know Tanner Callahan better and the woman who will be his forever love Neve Fitzpatrick.

Tanner is settling in at Woodlea now that he has found his mother, but he is still feels that there will not be someone that he will settle down with forever, he is sorting problems out with his adoptive father and still feels the need to take off for the long paddock, but when he is asked to help new girl in town Neve with her pony and donkey and gets to know the two children that Neve cares for, well Tanner is finding it harder and harder to keep out of the town’s biggest matchmaker Edna’s sights, but his heart is losing the battle to stay single.

Neve has moved to Woodlea after the death of her mother, Woodlea is the town that her mother grew up in and is enjoying feeling at home and at peace, she is caring for two little girls and also has the care of a very naughty pony and donkey, she asks Tanner to help and it is an isn’t attraction and when she discovers secrets about her grandmother, Tanner is there to help and the friendship and love grow.

This was a story that I fell into, I savoured every word, felt joy as Neve and Tanner coped with their feelings and gave into a love so strong the stars shone for them, this one is beautifully written and made me feel such a part of the community of Woodlea, I do highly recommend this story and series and I do hope that there will be more books, thank you MS Callen I loved this one it left me feeling very happy.

5 stars


Published February 1st 2019 by HarperCollins