Matters of the Heart

Matters of the Heart

Fiona Palmer

Matters of the Heart by Fiona Palmer

Reviewed by Helen

Oh my goodness this is such an awesome story, a fabulous re-telling of Pride and Prejudice, firstly I have never read the original but I have seen one of the movies, so I have an idea of what it is about, MS Palmer has bought this one to life on a farm in Western Australia, with very handsome gentlemen and the wonderful Bennet family, make yourself comfy for this one and join in the journey to love and happiness.

Lizzy Bennet has taken over the running of the family farm, it has been a struggle but Lizzy is strong, enthusiastic about the land and open to new ideas, with her mother always wanting her five daughters to find men to love Lizzy is more interested in the farm, but when wealthy Charles Bingley purchases the neighbouring farm and brings his best friend Will Darcy along to a local dance Lizzy’s sister Jane is smitten with Charles but there is a lot of tension between Will and Lizzy.

Will Darcy is a wealthy farmer and a quiet gentleman and when he arrives in the small town of Coodardy to help his friend Charles with his new farm, he meets the Bennet girls at the dance and he doesn’t hit it off with Lizzy at all, but when they meet a couple of times because of floods and broken fences there seems to be something that is drawing him to Lizzy, he is discovering more about her and her family.

I loved this story, it is a must read in my opinion, the strong characters and the caring that is shown when people can get over their pride and the prejudice and the gap in wealth standards makes this one a real page turner, Jane and Charlie make the best couple and then Lizzy and Will what can I say swoon worthy, yes there were lots of smiles as I read this one, happy tears as well. This is one that I highly recommend, thank you MS Palmer, this is a story that I will not forget.

5 stars

Published August 27th 2019 by Hachette Australia