Heirs and Successors

 Heirs and Successors

Belleville Family Series #4

J Mary Masters



Reviewed by Helen


This is the first book in this series that I have read, so it did take me a bit to work out the family and their partners and children, but it is really well written and compelled me to keep reading to discover everything that happens. This book continues the story of the Belleville Family, a family of rich grazers set in 1968, I did have to keep reminding myself that it was the 1960’s and times were very different, this one spends a lot of time with the heirs and successors, come along and meet them, it is a busy story with lots happening.

Richard, William and Julia Belleville are content with their lives now or so they thought, it is time for their children to move forward but it seems that scandal, betrayal and secrets seem to follow this family, Richard has two sons to his first wife, Catherine Paul and Anthony and a daughter Susan to his second wife, Kate, William and his wife Alice have a daughter Marianne, Julia has a daughter Pippa to her husband Phillipe and a son, John to her first husband, James but after a plane accident a new comer arrives at Prior Park, first Alex Fraser and then Amanda Robinson who are soon linked to the Bellville family, there is a lot going on, pregnancies and broken marriages and affairs, where will it all lead?

I have to be honest and say that I am not sure that I personally agree with the way some of the characters in this story act in the bounds of marriage, but all that happened made for a very interesting story, the author pulled me into the story even if I was shaking my head at times, to me that means the author has done her job well and made me feel the emotions.
If you love a good family saga then this is one to read, I have the next book to read a companion book to this series and look forward to it.

My thanks to the author for my copy to read and review.

4 stars

September 11, 2023 by PMA Books