The Wife's Tale

The Wife's Tale

Christine Wells

The Wife's Tale by Christine   Wells

Reviewed by Helen

I have been looking forward to this book and can I say WOW what a fabulous story it is, this is a book that is moving and enchanting as we slip from today in Brisbane Australia back to an eighteenth century estate Seagrove on The Isle of Wight for a story that I will not forget.

Were do I begin there are so many fabulous characters in this story Liz the lawyer sent by her boss Nick to investigate the family and do her best so Nick can buy the estate Theo the current Lord Nash who is a quiet landscaper doing the best he can to keep the estate going his fiancé Valerie, and then when we slip back in time we have the strong and courageous Lady Delaney Nash her husband Lord Richard Nash his brother Julian there is Lady Verena Richard and Julian's mother and the scheming Margaret Lady Verena's companion and so many more that add so much to this wonderful story.

I don't want to go into their stories too much I don't want to give anything away but what I will say is that this is a story that will stay with me for a long time to come it is so well written you can feel the emotion reaching out to the reader as you turn the pages. The setting is just wonderful I really need to visit The Isle of Wight and see it for myself. I highly recommend this story I savoured every word I didn't want to put it down it was emotional moving and the romance that arcs between the characters in the two time periods is so very beautiful. Thank you MS Wells for a glorious story that was a joy to read and I am sure will be a keeper on many bookshelves it has everything that will keep the reader turning the pages. 

5/5 stars for a fabulous story

     Published May 2nd 2016 by Penguin Random House