Sunset Shadows

Sunset Shadows

Bronwyn Parry

Sunset Shadows by Bronwyn Parry

Reviewed by Helen

For me Bronwyn Parry's stories are a must read and this one is brilliant and I am sure they get better the more she writes. I fell into this one from page one and that was it I was lost in the world of cults and police officers and park rangers as lives are put in danger and snap decisions are made and two people that are so deserving of each other journey a road to love and happiness.

Tess Ballard is quiet and sticks to herself and she has a very good understanding of cult life she has been working as a police officer in the small town of Goodabri but when she is called out to help another local police officer Steve Fraser with a cult and the murders of two young woman her life is about to be turned upside down but she is also going to open up with so much danger and a threat to her life and many other lives I think that Tess is such an amazing person and loved getting to know her and seeing her so happy.

Steve Fraser works hard as a detective but his life has been through turmoil as a young boy he lost his sister when he was young and with his father being assistant commissioner they do not get on well but when a couple of young woman are found murdered and he finds his sister Maddie alive. Lives are going to change with so much danger and so much needing to be uncovered. Steve is so caring and strong but with so many worries he needs someone as well and that would be Tess.

This is such a fabulous story MS Parry writes edge of your seat suspense with awesome settings and true to life characters that are believable and well loved. I was crying bucket loads of tears I was so invested in Steve and Tess then Maddie and her children it is emotional moving and inspiring to see Tess come to life with the help from Steve and to catch up with so many "friends" that I have met in previous stories. This is a story that again will stay with me for a long time to come one for the keeper shelf and a must read that I highly recommend. I hope I have done this one justice I truly loved it, it has left me gobsmacked and smiling.

5/5 stars for an awesome story
Expected publication: August 9th 2016 by Hachette Australia