Daughter of Mine

Daughter of Mine

Fiona Lowe

Daughter of Mine by Fiona Lowe

Reviewed by Helen

Where do I start? Can I say wow what a fabulous story? Yes I can, I loved this one beautifully written so many fabulous characters who come to life on the pages they became friends, and friends that I cried with laughed with and wanted to yell at throughout the story there is a lot going on secrets that have been kept for nearly fifty years and when they come out lives will change forever.

This is the story of a privileged family in Victoria’s Western district they come from squatters in the early 1800’s they have a rich and honoured history but do they? There are always secrets and black sheep of the family and now a secret is about to be discovered that will lead to the three Chirnwell sisters Harriet (Harry), Xara and Georgie’s lives as well as their Mother’s Edwina being up ended and that is not the only thing that is happening there is lovers reunited new love discovered and extra family members as well as families torn apart by criminal accusations and scandals that rock the town of Billawarre.

Harry, Xara and Georgie are all very different sisters Harry a successful Doctor with a loving husband and beautiful daughter, Xara a stay at home Mum who leads a very busy life with her loving husband children and the sheep farm to run and Georgie the teacher who has been through heartache but even though they have their differences in the end they are sisters who love and care for each other but their lives change and their journey is very rocky and the path a tough one to tread but tread it they do. The women in this story are strong and capable and mostly easy to love as you get to know them.

I don’t want to give any spoilers away but I do highly recommend this book it truly is a remarkable amazing story of families and the rules that they live by the loves, the loses, the highs and lows that come daily and sometimes with a big bang that rocks everyone. I smiled I cried and I found such joy in this story. Thank you MS Lowe for a wonderful story that kept me turning the pages this one is a keeper and will stay with me for a long time.

5/5 stars for a fabulous story

Published February 20th 2017 by Harlequin MIRA