The Kookaburra Creek Cafe

The Kookaburra Creek Café

Sandie Docker

The Kookaburra Creek Café by Sandie Docker

Reviewed by Helen

Well I have wanted to read this book since its release and finally I have gotten to it and WOW, everything I have read about it is so right this is an awesome story from start to finish a fabulous debut and I can only see this author flying high in the future and I will be eagerly looking for more new books, because meeting Hattie, Alice and Becca was like being with family and friends I felt so close to them all, I cried, I smiled and I cheered them all on, this is one book that I highly recommend so very moving and emotional.

Hattie, what can I say strong, loving determined to do what she can firstly for her sister and then a young Alice when she lands on the doorstep of The Café alone, scared and uncertain but Hattie takes her under her wing and together they move forward with Alice learning so much and soon with a baby to care for and love, working out what she should and should not do, times can be hard but love shines through with them and the fabulous characters of the town who are always there to help as well. Tragedy brings a lot of pain to not only Hattie and Alice but the whole town, there will be tears and lots of them but out of that pain strength does come back, and when Becca arrives in similar circumstances to Alice’s arrival in the town Alice has the chance to help a young teenager in trouble and together the three woman move forward, not without more pain, but with pain comes love as well.

This book is going to stay with me for a long time to come and I do hope that I have done it justice, I won’t say too much more about the story because I don’t want to give too much away but I loved it, I loved not only Hattie, Alice and Becca but Joey and all of the people of the town, what these three woman went through was tough and they all still found their strength and could still love and care what they drew from each other was beautiful. Thank you MS Docker for an amazing story way to go, this is one that should not be missed

5/5 stars for a fabulous story


Published April 30th 2018 by Penguin eBooks