Cry of the Firebird

Cry of the Firebird

T.M. Clark

Cry of the Firebird by T.M. Clark

Reviewed by Helen

I really enjoy MS Clark’s stories and this one is a compelling page turner and fast paced, the setting is amazing and she holds no punches in what is going on in this story, with corrupt police and medications that are not what they should be. There is a lot happening in this book and I do highly recommend picking this one up and getting to know Dr. Lily Winters and her adoring husband musician, Quintin.

Lily is working with the World Health Organization and is asked to return to Africa and continue research into HIV epidemic in a town of people from the San tribes after the previous Doctor, Ian Hawthorne has been murdered, Lily and her husband Quintin have worked there before and Africa holds a lot of bad memories for them, but there is no stopping Lily and her quest to get to the bottom of why these people’s health is not improving.

Lily is in danger from the beginning she never gives up on working out what is going on and with the help of police detective Piet who is a member of the San tribe they are slowly unravelling what is going on, with danger around every corner everyone is kept on their toes, there are some fabulous characters in this story that make this story so good not to mention the evil ones that are in it as well.

This really is an action packed story, with so much going on I did not want to put this one down but wanted to get to the end I needed to get my questions answered and see some people get their just deserts and when I did put it down the wonderful characters stayed with me. There is also the story of Minke the flamingo that had me smiling, I loved learning about these majestic birds. This truly is a book that I highly recommend to anyone who loves a suspense story and the beautiful love that Lily and Quinin shared.

5 stars


Expected publication: November 18th 2019 by HarperCollins