A Winning Betrayal

 A Winning Betrayal

Louise Guy



Reviewed by Helen


I have no idea why it has taken me so long to read one of this authors books, silly me this was a fabulous story that had me turning the pages, I often wonder what it would be like to win Lotto and this fabulously written story takes me through the that journey, it is not all bubbles and smiles and as we get to know Frankie and her family and Shauna as they discover that finding happiness is not all about money.

When two women from totally different backgrounds have a win on lotto they find friendship through some really tough times Shauna, hard -working, single after a break-up with her boyfriend one year ago and a mother who is different is celebrating with champagne then there is Frankie, wife of Tom, mother of two and this family struggles to make ends meet, Frankie is so scared about this money she is struggling to come to terms with it, but they find friendship, as they help each other.

Shauna is convinced that this is going to bring her such happiness she deserves it but when her ex comes back on the scene and her mother is being very needy things are starting to get to her and Shauna is in need of a friend and she finds that in co-winner Frankie.

Frankie has seen what money can do to people and is so scared of that happening to her beautiful family and it is going to take Tom a bit to convince her that this money could be just what they needed, but life doesn’t always go to plan when family are clamoring for a share, she finds help, support and strength in the friendship with Shauna.

This is a great story that shows what money can do to people, good and bad, their struggles are emotional and I was getting frustrated with them both at times and then I was cheering them on seeing them grow in strength and give each other support. What will happen to them in the future? The ending is beautiful and heart-warming and it had me smiling, this is a book that I would highly recommend a thoroughly good read. I do look forward to many more books from Louise Guy.

My thanks to Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

4 stars
Published March 16th 2021 by Lake Union Publishing