Remeber Me

 Remember Me

Charity Norman



Reviewed by Helen


This is the first book I have read from this author, but it won’t be the last. I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery set in New Zealand, it has a cast of wonderful characters and digs deep into the way they cope with life as it is thrown at them.

Twenty five years ago a young woman, Leah Parata went missing and nothing was ever found, there was no trace of her at all, leaving her family and close friends to cope as best they could, her mother Raewyn and brother Ira never give up hope.

Emily Kirkland lived next door to the Parata family growing up but these days she lives in England were she illustrates kids’ books, but when Raewyn rings her to let her know that her father, Dr. Felix Kirkland is not well and has dementia, Emily makes the trip back home, her father’s health shocks her and she makes the decision to stay longer and care for him.

As her father’s memory fades more he has times where he opens up about his past and things that have happened and Emily is learning more but some of what he is saying is very hard for Emily to understand and believe, add to that the boxes of keepsakes she has found and the envelope he has given her that is not to be opened till after his death, Emily is beside herself with worry, and the big question is should she keep it all to herself?

This story is so well written, it pulled me in and there was no way I could put it down till I got to know exactly what had happened, Emily is such a fabulous character, the strength she shows and Felix there is so much going on with him, I really felt for him. This is one that I highly recommend and I will be reading more of this authors books.

My thanks to Allen & Unwin for my copy to read and review.

4 stars
March 3, 2022 by Allen & Unwin