The Wrong Sister

 The Wrong Sister

Fiona Palmer



Reviewed by Helen


Fiona Palmer is a fabulous story teller and knows how to bring characters to life and this one digs deep into family, with secrets, heartbreak and love that goes a long way with these three siblings, come a long and meet Ellen, Bodhi and Carrie Sutton as they go through some ups and downs.

Ellen seems happy with her life she loves being a midwife and nurse at the local hospital in Albany Western Australia, she comes from a loving family and they are all very close, her sister Carrie owns her own hair dressing and make up salon and seems to have found love and Bodhi works as a sparky in the family business he also has a wonderful girlfriend Ingrid who is a chef and very much a part of this family. What happens to make Ellen give up her job and go bush to muster cattle, why did she run? It is not something she normally would do.

Bodhi, Ingrid and Carrie are missing Ellen and Bodhi wants Ellen’s help with something special so he organises a family camping trip to the beautiful Karrijini country and this trip will turn all of their lives upside down when truths come out and hearts are broken, will they ever be the friends they had been, will this trip make them see who they are?

I loved this story so much, it is beautifully written and shows the strength that exists in family love, the bond that Ellen, Ingrid and Carrie share is the best and there are so many emotions, I cried and I wanted to hug them and yes there were happy tears as well a must read in my opinion, I loved all of the characters it is hard to choose a favourite. I would highly recommend this one it was hard to put down once I started it. I know that Fiona is taking a break from writing for a while but I eagerly await her return, I do love her stories.

My thanks to Hachette AU for my copy to read and review

5 stars
November 30, 2022 by Hachette Australia