Into the Night

 Into the Night

Fleur McDonald



Reviewed by Helen


Just WOW again, I know Dave Burrows is yours Fleur McDonald and I thank you so much for sharing him with me, this is another awesome rural suspense, you take me to the outback, you pull me in and I feel like I am a part of the story, another keeper.

When Dave and Bob are called out to Yorkenup not that far out of Perth where there has been a fire and farmer Leo Parry and his beloved dog Coffee are missing there is no trace of either of them anywhere and Dave is filled with unanswered questions, is it arson, suicide or something else?

As the investigation begins questions are asked of his wife, Jill Leo’s Parents Stephen and Jan and all of his best friends and the answers are the same Leo is a good bloke, loving husband, father and son everyone is distraught and they need answers but Dave’s spider sense is running high, investigations take them out to more rural areas, searching and hunting for clues and answers, will they find him alive or not?

This is another compelling and gripping story from one of the best rural suspense authors, the characters are bought to life on the pages and my mind is working overtime to solve the mystery again. Hats off to Dave and Bob for their charm and integrity to get the job done and well, I still have a few of the books to catch up on and I can’t wait for the next one to be released. I do highly recommend this story once you pick it up you won’t want to put it down, I loved it.

My thanks to Allen & Unwin for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
April 4, 2023 by Allen & Unwin AU