The Model Wife

 The Model Wife

Tricia Stringer



Reviewed by Helen


I have had this one sitting on my TBR pile for a while and I am very sorry I didn’t get to it sooner, it is a fabulous read, so well written with emotion and care, we get to know the King family and what life can throw at them on their busy sheep farm in country South Australia, I had a hard time putting this one down.

Natalie King is a farmer’s wife to Milt, a mother of three adult daughters, Kate, Bree and Laura, a primary school teacher and a daughter in law to Olive, she has always led a very busy life keeping the old farm house going cooking the meals helping on the farm, and teaching but when she gets a phone call one afternoon Natalie has a big re-think on her life, she re-discovers an old book that her mother in law Olive gave her when she married Milt, The Model Wife this books sets out what a wife should and shouldn’t do in her live, written in the 1930’s this brings back lots of memories good and bad and Natalie decides she needs to get away she needs a holiday and to think about her future.

Natalie finds herself in Broome Western Australia, her three girls are home and she is not, that is hard for her because she has always been there for them but her emotions are all over the place she knows she is a good wife and mother and that maybe they need her at home, but this is Natalie’s time, time to re-think and adjust her life. Will her holiday be what she needs? The rest and time out has her thinking about many things and when she talks about her life things fall into place and it might be time to go home.

Tricia Stringer brings a lot of heart and soul into her stories with fabulous characters who are real and honest, there are discussions about everyday life and how people cope in different circumstances and I though Natalie was so good, this is one that I would highly recommend, I loved it, the King family will stay with me for a long time to come.

My thanks to Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
Published October 1st 2019 by HQ Fiction